Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Catalog Upgrade - My Reading History

I see you doing it. Lots of you. You stand there looking at the shelf with a small notebook, or even a 3-ring binder where you log the books that you have read. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has asked me if I can tell them if they've already read a book (no, I can't).

But, now, we are making it easier for you to keep track of your own reading histories.

Those of you who use our online public access catalog (OPAC) will note the new look rolled out today. I'd like to draw your attention to the "Help Center" menu on the right hand side of the front page. There you will find a link to "My Reading History." By activating this feature, you can keep track of every book, movie, or cd that you check out with your library card. The list is strictly confidential. It can only be activated by you and accessed with your password and PIN.

No comments: